The Katanning Public Library encompasses the Library, Art Gallery, Language Learning Centre, and a hireable Community Room. It hosts regular children’s activities including Story Time, Rhyme Time, school holiday fun, and community events. It has an extensive range of books, audio books, and DVDs; suitable for all ages. It also provides photocopying, faxing and has public access computers.
Free eResources are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Never get stuck without reading or listening material again.
The Community Room is suitable for meetings, seminars and workshops catering for groups of up to 40 people. Available on request is the use of kitchen facilities as well as whiteboard, projector, smart TV and Blu-ray player.
16 Austral Terrace
Phone: (08) 9821 4300
Fax: (08) 9821 4303
Follow the Library on Facebook for regular updates and information.
Monday 10.00am - 5.00pm
Tuesday 10.00am - 6.00pm
Wednesday 1.00pm - 5.00pm
Thursday 10.00am - 6.00pm
Friday 10.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday 10.00am - 1.00pm
- Story Time and Rhyme Time held on alternating Tuesdays from 10.00am
- Toy Library every Tuesday 10.30am - 11.30am (closed during school holidays)
- Genealogical Society 1.00pm - 4.00pm
- Life Long Readers Book Club first Friday of the month 2.00pm - 3.00pm
OverDrive Media Console
Read, Listen, Enjoy. One app, thousands of eBooks and audiobooks from the State Library of Western Australia. For help getting started, download the Overdrive App User Guide and a range of "how to" videos can also be viewed.
Zinio for Libraries
Full colour interactive digital magazines for your enjoyment. No holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download!
For help getting started, download the User Guide
BorrowBox is an award winning Australian App that enables Public Library and State Library members to browse and borrow bestselling eAudiobooks and eBooks on their Apple or Android device for limited periods through digital loans. BorrowBox is a FREE download solution. Once you are signed in you can borrow or reserve up to 4 eAudiobooks and 4 eBooks for a 2 week loan period.
State Library WA
The mission of the State Library of Western Australia is to enrich the lives of Western Australians by:
• enabling access to resources for information, learning, enterprise and recreation; and
• collecting and preserving our social and documentary heritage for current and future generations.
Trove helps you find and use resources relating to Australia. It's more than a search engine. Trove brings together content from libraries, museums, archives and other research organisations and gives you tools to explore and build.
Trove is many things: a community, a set of services, an aggregation of metadata, and a growing repository of fulltext digital resources.
Best of all, Trove is yours, created and maintained by the National Library of Australia.
Encyclopaedia Britannica Online
Encyclopaedia Britannica Online is a safe, up-to-date and age-appropriate information resource for patrons of all ages.
Discover encyclopedia articles, journals and periodicals, multimedia, primary sources, atlas, dictionary and other resources that support research at all levels.
To access Encyclopaedia Britannica Online you need to be a Katanning Library member.
Better Beginnings has been developed by the State Library of Western Australia as a family literacy program that supports parents as their child’s first teacher.
It works through strong partnerships with public libraries, local governments, health professionals and schools to:
- build awareness in the whole community of the value of reading and sharing stories with young children from birth;
- encourage and support parents in sharing books and activities that foster language and a love of reading with their young children; and
- promote the vital role of public libraries as community hubs that provide ongoing support to parents and caregivers in giving their children a love of reading.