Transport and Licensing
The Shire of Katanning is a Department of Transport registration and licensing agency and can process the following transactions:
- Vehicle registrations and renewals
- Vehicle Transfers
- MDL (Motor Drivers Licence) Renewal- including photographic and additional classes
- MDL Applications and Tests - CTT (Bike, Car, Heavy), HPT (Hazard Perception test) and PDA (practical driving assessment)
- Boat Renewals and Transfers
- Plate and Transfer Infringements
- Change of number plates
- Ordering personalized number plates
- Motor Drivers Licence renewals – including photographic MDL
- Change of addresses
Payment in person can be made by cash, EFTPOS, Credit Card or Cheque (payable to the Shire of Katanning).
Computerised Theory Tests (CTTs) and Hazard Perception Tests (HPTs) are available from 8:30am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday. Although a booking is not required, it is recommended that you contact the Shire on 9821 9999 prior to arrival to ensure the availability of the computer.
Licensing functions are performed Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm excluding public holidays and Christmas shutdown period.
Please note that Primary Identification is required for ALL transport transactions.
Practical Driving Assessments (PDAs) are currently being held once a month on a Tuesday. PDA bookings can be made in person at the Shire of Katanning or through the Department of Transport.
Please visit the Department of Transport for further information, including a list of Regional Vehicle Inspection Centres or call 13 11 56.