Community Financial Assistance Program
Each year the Shire of Katanning allocates an amount of funds within the budget to provide financial support to community organisations that meet the objectives of the Community Financial Assistance Programme (CFAP).
The Shire of Katanning is committed to recognising the value of all community organisations and has developed a clear and powerful vision of “Together we are building Katanning’s future”.
There are three CFAP categories that are available to community organisations:
- Minor community grant under $5,000 (ex GST)
- Major community grant over $5,000 (ex GST)
- Triennium community grant (Minor and Major available)
The CFAP will be spread over two funding rounds (subject to available funds) as follows:
- Round 1 – May/June with funding announced in July; and
- Round 2 – December/January with funding announced in February.
If you are applying for venue hire of a Shire owned venue- please write a letter to the CEO with your request first. If this unsuccessful, then apply through the CFAP.
Objectives of the CFAP
The CFAP objectives are to support projects that promote community capacity, improve social participation and inclusion as well as enhance community harmony and social cohesion.
The Shire of Katanning CFAP provides for grants assist community groups and Not for Profit organisations with their vital work and programmes to:
- promote community capacity, community harmony and social cohesion;
- encourage people and organisations to help themselves;
- ensure fair distribution of activities and services throughout Katanning; and
- encourage resident participation in activities which benefit the community.
Round 1 applications open on 1 May and close 30 June.
Round 2 applications open on 1 December and close 31 January.
For further information please contact the Community Relations Officer on 9821 9999 or email@example.com
CFAP Application Form
Please note the funds will be paid to the group after the event/purchase has been made. The group needs to pay all relevant costs. The group then needs to send an invoice addressed to the Shire of Katanning along with the receipts and acquittal.