Become a Volunteer
Volunteers connect closely with the community to help build vibrant places to live, work and play. Volunteers come from all walks of life - business people, community leaders, students, parents and retirees.
Whether you want to help others, gain valuable experience, share your own skills or make new friends the Shire of Katanning may have just the right thing for you
There is a variety of volunteering roles which can be flexible according to your availability, skills and interests.
Help for a day at a special event, be part of a project for a few weeks or contribute to a longer term service.
The Katanning Shire supports volunteering to:
- develop and strengthen the links between councils and their communities
- provide personal development opportunities for individuals
- tap into the skills, experience, talents, energies, ideas and knowledge of people in our communities
- enable councils to extend and expand services.
A volunteer is a person who:
- benefits the community, council and themselves by participating in volunteer programs
- provides their services of their own free will
- does not receive any monetary reward (out of pocket expenses are not regarded as monetary reward)
- complements, but does not replace or threaten the livelihood of paid workers.
What's in it for you?
- share your own knowledge and skills with others
- meet new people and expand your networks
- be involved in activities and programs that make a real difference to your local communities
- gain new skills and experience in an area of interest that can create a pathway to employment.
For further information about volunteering in the Shire of Katanning please contact the Community & Youth Development Officer on 9821 9999.
Thank A Volunteer Day
Each year the Shire celebrates Thank a Volunteer Day. For further details please contact our Community & Youth Development Officer on 9821 9999.